Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber won big at the 2016 MTV European Music Awards collecting two prizes apiece in a ceremony that paid tribute to late musician Prince.
Gaga took home best female and best look whilst Bieber beat Hello singer Adele to best song for hit track Sorry at the awards show in Rotterdam.
The Canadian singer also won best fans – the third year in a row he has collected the prize.
- Best song Justin Bieber – Sorry
- Best female – Lady Gaga
- Best male – Shawn Mendes
- Best video – The Weeknd ft Daft Punk – Starboy
- Best live act – Twenty One Pilots
- Best new act – Zara Larsson
- Best pop act – Fifth Harmony
- Best rock act – Coldplay
- Best UK and Ireland act – Little Mix
- Best push – DNCE
- Best look – Lady Gaga
- Best world stage – Martin Garrix
- Best electronic – Martin Garrix
- Best hip hop Act – Drake
- Best fans – Justin Bieber
- Global icon – Green Day