UFC star Conor McGregor has been ranked as Forbes’ highest-paid athlete, beating the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lewis Hamilton to claim the number one spot.
The majority of his revenue has come from ventures which include an array of endorsement deals.
According to Forbes, Conor McGregor made a total of $180 million over the last 12 months.
Most of the money came from his recent sale of his majority stake in whiskey brand Proper No. Twelve to Proximo Spirits for $150 million
The UFC star also made money from product endorsements after adding DraftKings, the video game Dystopia: Contest of Heroes and the lifestyle brand Roots of Fight to his portfolio that has included campaigns with Burger King in the past, and a lucrative deal to wear Monster Energy’s logo on his fight shorts.
See list below;
1. Conor McGregor – $180 million
2. Lionel Messi – $130 million
3. Cristiano Ronaldo – $120 million
4. Dak Prescott – $107.5 million
5. LeBron James – $96.5 million
6. Neymar – $95 million
7. Roger Federer – $90 million
8. Lewis Hamilton – $82 million
9. Tom Brady – $76 million
10. Kevin Durant – $75 million