Queen Elizabeth II Told By Doctors To Rest For At Least Two Weeks

Queen Elizabeth II, 95, has been asked by her doctors to take a two-week rest and not perform any official duties.

Buckingham Palace disclosed in a statement on Friday, October 29.

The announcement comes more than a week after the queen, 95, spent a night in the hospital for what a spokesman described at the time as “preliminary investigations.”

“Her Majesty’s doctors have advised that she should continue to rest for at least the next two weeks. The doctors have advised that Her Majesty can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time, including some virtual audiences, but not to undertake any official visits,” the palace said in its statement Friday.

“Her Majesty regrets that this means she will be unable to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, 13th November. However, it remains The Queen’s firm intention to be present for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday, on 14th November.”

The Queen had canceled a trip to Northern Ireland last week following medical advice to rest more, but resumed “light duties” on Tuesday, including two virtual audiences with the South Korean and Swiss ambassadors to the UK.

Related posts

Recommended