Brazilian football great Pele has been hospitalized for the treatment of a previously identified colon tumour. The three-time world cup winner and football’s all time goal scorer has been admitted to the Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo in Brazil “for follow-up treatment of the colon tumor identified in September this year,” his medical team said in a statement.
“The patient is stable, and is expected to be released in the coming days.”
The statement from the football great’s medical team however did not indicate when Pele was hospitalized. He has previously undergone treatment for the tumour on September 4, 2021, spending a month in hospital before being released to continue with chemotherapy at home.
Pele’s public relation agency has allayed all fears saying that Pele being hospitalized is just routine.
“He went in for chemo. He always has to go to the hospital for the treatment,” it said in a note.